Saturday, November 27, 2010

NEW STUFF: HAWK THE SLAYER (1980)

I was finishing up a purchase at a local game shop this weekend when I lifted my head and saw an odd shaped box on the shelf behind the clerk. My eyes adjusted, and I probably jumped a little when I spotted the U.S.A. Home Video logo on what was an obvious big box VHS tape. The thing was sitting there, face-out, stuffed between a bunch of odd-duck games. I asked the clerk how much he was asking. He grabbed the box, tossed it on the counter, and shrugged, "two bucks?" Sold, Confederate!

Cain and Abel meet sword and sorcery in "Hawk the Slayer," and Jack Palance plays the heavy. After his brother Volton (Palance) kills his fiancée, Hawk assembles a rainbow coalition of warriors to carry out a mission of vengeance. This is an amazing piece of shit!


No comments:

Post a Comment